John Jay College Program Providers

John Jay College Program Providers


The Office of International Studies and Programs at John Jay has partnered with four third-party study abroad providers this year.

What does this mean for John Jay students who wish to study abroad? Consider the following FAQs to find out.

What is a third-party provider?

A non-profit organization that seeks to increase student options when studying abroad. This means you have more options when it comes to choosing a program! The programs offered cover a wide range of areas of study, and go to dozens of countries.

Who studies with third-party providers?

Any John Jay student can take advantage of this opportunity. Have you always wanted to study in a country that isn't offered by your university? Do you want to study abroad for a semester or even an academic year? We encourage you to take a look at our four partners and the programs they offer.

What, where and with whom will I be studying?

You will study with students from across the country in either local universities or study centers run by the third-party organization. Often, you have the choice to take classes in English or the host language. Programs typically have a specific academic focus, so it is important to choose a program that will work with your major/minor. Your John Jay study abroad advisors are here to help you make this decision.

Will credits taken with a third-party program transfer to my John Jay transcript?

Yes! The Office of International Studies and Programs will work with you to ensure that all courses you take abroad with third-party providers transfer as either major, minor, general education, or elective credit. Studying abroad with a third-party provider will NOT set back your graduation date.