The Office of Compliance & Diversity:
- Furthers the College’s commitment to promote inclusiveness and diversity in the College community
- Ensures that employment practices are proper and non-discriminatory
- Promotes educational and training efforts that engender respect for all members of our community.
The Director of Compliance & Diversity as Chief Diversity Officer is responsible for:
- Monitoring recruitment searches, hiring and selection process
- Investigating complaints of discrimination and harassment pursuant to non-discrimination policies and procedures, including as Title IX Coordinator.
- Conducting outreach and trainings-Serve as a resource to the College community in interpreting laws, CUNY and EEO policies and regulations
- Accountability and self-analysis- Prepare Annual Affirmative Action Plan, reports, data, compliance assurance, audit responses, etc.
- Liaison between the College, CUNY, enforcement agencies and interest groups
- As 504/ADA Coordinator, review appeals of reasonable accomodation request decisions.
Such objectives are implemented through three areas:
- Enforcement of legal requirements
- Monitoring of recruitment and hiring practices
- Conduct fact-findings for internal discrimination and harassment complaints
- Ensuring due process
- Outreach, training, awareness in coordination with other college departments